EUSS Family Permit. Spouse of an EEA citizen. Marriage before 31 December 2020

You may be granted an EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit if you are the spouse (husband or wife) of a Swiss or EEA citizen who has been granted settled or pre-settled status in the UK, if your marriage has been contracted before 31 December 2020, and if your marriage continues to exist at the date of application.

Your spouse must have been resident in the UK before 31 December 2020 and must have been granted settled or pre-settled status on this basis. Their settled or pre-settled status must not have lapsed or been cancelled, curtailed, revoked or invalidated. You must provide in your application for an EUSS Family Permit the reference number of the application made by your spouse for settled or pre-settled status (a 16-digit number).

You must not be a British citizen. You may be Swiss, EEA (a citizen of a Member State of the European Union, or a citizen of Norway, Iceland, or Liechtenstein), or a non-EEA citizen. If you are a Swiss or EEA citizen, you can apply directly for pre-settled status from outside the UK, without applying for an EUSS Family Permit first.

You must apply for pre-settled status within 3 months of your arrival in the UK if you wish to remain in the UK after the expiry date of your EUSS Family Permit.

If you want to apply for an EUSS Family Permit and need specialist advice, feel free to contact me. Please note that I am an accredited immigration adviser, not an employee of the UK Visas and Immigration. I charge fees for the advice provided.