EUSS Family Permit. Child over 21, not “dependent”

If you are aged 21 years or over, and the child of a Swiss or EEA citizen with settled or pre-settled status in the UK (or of their spouse), your application for an EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit will be refused if you are not “dependent” on your parent (or on their spouse).

What does it mean that you are not “dependent”? It means that you can meet your essential living needs without the financial or other material support provided by your parent.

Under such circumstances, you may want to consider other routes for entering UK that may be available to you. You may seek entry clearance as a visitor, as a student, or as a temporary or skilled worker.

If you want to apply for an EUSS Family Permit and need specialist advice, feel free to contact me. Please note that I am an accredited immigration adviser, not an employee of the UK Visas and Immigration. I charge fees for the advice provided.